Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Husband Says...

It's been a while since i've done one of these, but its been a while since Husband has really cracked me up and i remembered exactly what he said.
So short back story time. Husband decided he wants to go to this years Coast Guard Holiday Party. I'm not so thrilled about this because every time i get dragged to one of these Coast Guard functions i never know anyone. But he kept bringing up this party, so i agreed to go.
Christmas Party = New Dress for Me
There's a dress code for this party: Business Casual at a minimum. So basically they're saying this is not a jeans type of party. Business casual looks a lot like this, with the skirts and accessories and the cuteness.


But since getting married and not having to work, my wardrobe of business casual has gone down. And i've been to my own work Christmas parties, so i have an idea of how women dress for these things -- especially when the venue is at a swanky boat/hotel on the river. Husband said i could just wear my church clothes for this. Ha!! I told Husband that i'm going to need a new dress, something a little dressier then what i wear to church because those clothes are more for comfort while playing on the floor with the kids in nursery.
i was trying to explain to Husband the different degrees of dressing up for girls -- casual, date casual, business casual, professional, cocktail, then the full out formal. He just shook his head and said "Girls are like the Navy. They have a different outfit for everything."
He would turn girl stuff into something about the military.
But as far as the dress goes, i have found one. Have you ever noticed that when you're shopping for something specific, its the one thing you can't find? I shopped online first then i drove around to 4 different places when i realized i didn't have enough time to get something shipped. I can't count how many different dresses i tried on. But yesterday i went to Ross and found the perfect Little Black Dress that was actually modest. It was the only one of its kind that i found on the rack in any of the sizes, and amazingly it was my size exactly :) Now i need to find a little purse and some jewelry, but that's the easy part compared to the dress shopping. I also need to figure out what to do with my hair....

2 comments:

Suzi Q said...

I was kinda bummed when I figured out that I really don't actually like shopping...I love all the stuff in the pic though!

Marie Mecham said...

So I want to see a picture of the finished outfit!