Sunday, October 27, 2013

End of the Summer Update

This was supposed to be posted last month, but I guess for some reason that didn’t happen. Oh well though. Life just keeps moving for us. Husband is working full time and going to school. He enjoying his new job in marketing, and really, that's all that matters. He picks up things so easily sometimes it’s almost amazing. I don’t know how he does it. No matter what he ends up doing in the future, he has learned and gained so much experience from this job that actually applies to what he wants to do with his life. So now, instead of cleaning planes, working the radio on the planes, cleaning planes, changing circuits in planes, cleaning planes, hanging out of the back of planes for search and rescue missions, and cleaning planes.....now he's marketing products doing road shows at Sam's Clubs and other stores. He loves doing the shows, the ones where he gets the big crowds and does live infomercials. And he's picked it up like he was born to do it. Which, still, is so odd to me because he's one of the softest spoken guys you will ever meet. 
We've stayed busy this summer. I can't say exactly what one thing it has been that's kept us so busy though. Just one of those summers. Friends and family and life. We made a quick trip to New Mexico to see Husbands baby sister graduate from High School. We hadn't planned to make the trip because we were trying to plan our finances so we could survive a few months if Husband didn't find a job before we completely parted ways from the CG. But then we got the call that he was hired. While we were trying to figure out how to celebrate, we looked at each other and realized if we left right away then we could make it in time for her graduation. We rented a small car, packed, and were on the road within 2 hours. We drove all night, and most of the day, and made it there in just enough time to change our clothes and find seats. It was a short trip because Husband had to get back for school on Monday, but it was absolutely worth it. Especially since we were the only ones missing out on the family reunion beach trip to Outer Banks NC this year. Which was sad.

As for me, I am keeping house, working on small projects, babysitting Buddy as well as another little girl once a week, my church calling with the Activity Day Girls, and just basically keeping busy
. I started watching Buddy a year ago. He was still only crawling then, but now he's running like he’s been doing it for a year and talking up a storm. It's amazing what comes out of his mouth. He is so funny too. And a bottomless pit when it comes to food. He eats at home before he comes over, and then when he gets here he runs straight to the booster seat to try to trick me into giving him my breakfast. The same with lunch, he eats and says he's full, and then stands by my chair while I finish eating in the hopes of getting to eat half of my lunch as well. Here he is with Husband trying his trickery on him, but Husband seems to be the winner, this time -- 



I seem to have been doing a lot of baking lately .  Luckily I've been able to pawn off share all my baked goods with friends, otherwise I would be stuck eating all of it myself. Husband only ever eats one or two of what I make, and I think he only does it out of husbandly duty so I don't get hurt feelings. Red Velvet cupcakes, which he claims is his favorite treat in the whole world -- he has only 2. Faux Peanut Butter w/ Chocolate bars that he said were delicious -- he ate one. The most amazing Vanilla cupcakes with Vanilla Bean frosting - he had 3. But then the Rice Crispy Treats -- I was the one that only got 2. He ate the whole pan. I don't understand it. So thank you friends, for taking all the treats I bring you/hand to you as you walk out the door. I love to be in the kitchen, I most definitely have a sweet tooth, but I can't keep all of it. My stomach wouldn't forgive me.


We had our 5 year anniversary at the beginning of August. We weren't able to do much to celebrate, but that didn't take away from the day. We're in love, we're happy together, we have our best friend in each other, and that feels like a blessing to me. It's amazing how fast these years have gone by
. I'm sure we still sound like newlyweds to some of you, but it's a milestone for us. I just know we're lucky to have found each other.  

My younger brother Marshal got married in August to his new wife Ashley. I couldn't be happier for them. He did a good thing when he found her, she really is a wonderful person, and I'm so excited that I can call her family. They already are doing a great job together as parents to her son. They are all going to do great things together as a family.

I had to make the trip for the wedding in northern Idaho all by myself. August was an extremely tight month for us, so Husband needed to stay home to work. All I can say is that I do not recommend anyone make a 15 hour drive all by themselves; always bring a friend. More than anything, the worst of it was the drive home. I thought I was going to die. The wedding was beautiful though, absolutely worth it, and Ashley's family was amazing. It turns out I went to High School with her older sister even, we just didn't hang out in the same circles. I had fun seeing my friends that I haven't seen in years though, Christy especially, and Nathan, and their sweet family. 



We've finished everything we've needed to do for our foster
license the other week. Paperwork, vet visits for the cats, Doctor and TB tests for us. And then the book...... I had to make a family book all about us, something that we give to the social workers to show them how fun and awesome we are, and how great we'll be for kids. I don't know why, but I had a hard time finding the focus to get it done. All I had to do was make a digital scrapbook which just takes being a little crafty and really should have been one of the first things I got done because I love that kind of thing, but I couldn't get my head into it for the longest time. It's done though. Now it's just a matter of time for us to be placed. We’re really excited to see what happens. It could be a month, or even up to a year before we are placed though. But we have options if it gets to taking that long thankfully. We could switch programs and go to the county that would focus more on fostering over foster to adopt. I don’t know that we want to do that, but it’s an option.

Other than that, there really isn’t that much to be excited about around here. 

No comments: