Thursday, May 14, 2009

Of all the luck...

Dang it. I've been telling myself for about a week that i should start taking some decongestant to make sure i don't have extra pressure on my ears so i can take my trip next week. "Preventative Medicating" was my plan. But, i didn't do it and now i'm paying for it. That's right, I'M SICK. blah. Terrible news when i'm about to go on vaca to see my husband. I went to the store on monday to pick up some things that i've been needing. I had planned to get the meds then...but i forgot to get it. So then i planned to stop at wal-mart on my way home from Young Womens last night (wednesday). I went to work feeling fine, i came home from work feeling fine, i ate a sandwich and then i noticed: "hey, my throat feels kind of sore...". So i made my priority to get to the store after YWs. I went and i felt about the same, dropped off the beehive girls i had driven around for the nights activities, then made my beeline to the store for drugs. The Halls Vitamin - C Drops are magic on sore throats, and i got the Sudafed for my sinuses to make sure they clear up and don't mess up my ears any more then they already are.

Don't fly with an ear infection. Actually, don't travel long distances with an ear infection. I have learned this from experience. Ears are not something to mess with. I've had the unpleasant experience of rupturing my ear drums several times. Four times in my right ear, and two in my left. I had both rupture at the same time twice. Once while i was driving over the passes from Montana up to North Idaho, and once while flying into Spokane. I'm almost positive i'll be deaf when i'm 60 if not sooner. The ringing in the ears only gets worse.

So, i got the drugs home and started medicating. I said my prayers and tried my best to get sleep last night, but this morning i woke up at 6 (an hour and a half before i usually get up!) with a killer sore throat and a crick in my neck that i still haven't managed to get out. The only up side to waking up so early was that it gave me time to wash a load of whites because i forgot i was out of undies.

It was a year ago, minus a week or so, that i started getting sick exactly like this. Disaster. Disgusting. Horrible. It was my last day of work because i was moving the next day to stay with my dad until my wedding, John had just gotten off a 4 month tour on his ship to South America and had flow up to see me before i left, and my dad had flow up to help me move. My throat hurt like this, and i was all clogged up in the head, and i had this fever, but we all went to a friends house for dinner. I don't remember what all we ate, but i do remember the brownies. They were delicious. The Costco kind that even had the chocolate chips in them. i ate 3 of them i think. Yummy. Why would i remember the brownies i ate a year ago you ask? Because, i remember what they tasted like when i threw them all up. Not the same. i don't eat a lot of brownies any more. When we got back to the house i went in my room and started sobbing from how gross and sick i felt. Ten minutes later i was upstairs throwing up in a bowl. I threw up 8 times that night. Poor sweet John sat and watched me do it too, and he was so sweet to stay by my side. Any man that can sit and watch me do that is worth spending eternity with. That's a real man. I've never been that sick as an adult before and i want to try to avoid doing it again.

I'm not throwing up yet, but right now it feels like i could be heading that direction :( i've decided its allergies. That's the only explanation. I'm not getting it from work because i work alone, just like i was last year. Where i'm living now is a lot like Coeur d' Alene with all the trees and everything, so that's the only thing i can think of. But this time, if i do get that sick again, i don't have my John around to help take care of me :( And, if i really do get that sick again, then i need to get it over with right away this weekend so i'll be well enough to travel to see john next week. Pray for me!! If you know of a better way to get rid of the sore throat, tell me please. Please, please, please! i have to get better soon...

No comments: