Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Scare My Husband

Husband has a job where he has to stay over night on duty on base every 4th night.
Dang it.
We had to do the same thing when we were in Port Angeles, we have to do it here. That's just how it is. Eventually it turned into every 8th night after he got qualified there, so that's something we have to look forward to when he gets qualified here (except that he would then have to go on deployments for a few nights....or weeks with the planes). Its a lot better now then it was when he was at school for 5 months though so i take what i can really.
It gets to be disruptive. There are usually fun things we have to miss going out to do together, but its just something we live with and work around. One of the big things it messes up for us is sleeping. Sleeping in the same bed with someone is different then sleeping alone. I prefer the 1st option, not sleeping alone. It's much better. More comfortable. Safer.
I've been having a hard time falling asleep the nights when he's not home, and a few days ago i had a particularly hard time. I couldn't do anything to fall asleep. I read my book, i read my scriptures, watched a movie and tried to just lay there with my eyes closed. i ended up not falling asleep until after 7am. It was a long night, and i still haven't figured out what it was that caused all the trouble. Husband usually gets off from work at 7:30am on weekends when he has duty, so i knew before i fell asleep that he would be home soon, i even thought about texting him to ask him to bring home breakfast, but i finally fell asleep just then.
Then i woke up screaming.
I didn't have time to think anything, i was just screaming. When i opened my eyes i looked over to see husband standing next to my side of the bed with a shocked look on his face.
"i just brought you some breakfast" he said.
"are you ok? you don't need to scream"
".....i'm sorry..... i wasn't screaming that loud"
He scoffed at me and told me i screamed at the top of my lungs, then he sort of backed out of the room slowly as i fell back to sleep.
I slept for a few hours and woke to find he had snuck into bed with me and that my breakfast was cold on the table next to me, so i warmed it up, ate it, and realized i couldn't keep my eyes open so i went back to sleep. I think we slept until after 2 that day, and got absolutely nothing done that day, but sometimes you can't beat a day of doing nothing every now and then.
He's been afraid to wake me up in the mornings since then, but i told him to do it anyway because i love that he kisses me goodbye every morning.
i don't think it will happen again, but you never know...
Poor husband. I can see how that could be a little traumatic.

No comments: